Friday, August 17, 2012

Awful timing?

When you pick up a phone to let a customer know a book he requested came in, you under your breadth always mutter a prayer, that your timing is right. Recently, I phoned a buyer to let him know a book he has been looking for, has arrived. I immediately noticed something was the matter, and turns out his mother had just died 10 minutes before. He was alone, and I was the first person he spoke to after getting the news, and we ended up chatting about such mundane things such as life, death, God, reward & punishment and the like. Perhaps something good came out of our talk, I do not know, but very much hope so. Sometimes we do more than sell a book when we make a call.
And yes, he called me back a week later and paid for the book

No comments:

Post a Comment